My client, a global provider of financial services technology, has some excellent opportunities for experienced application developers to join the team in Nenagh, Tipperary.
The primary responsibility of the senior application developer, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, will be the design and development of software applications based on defined requirements.
What You Will Be Doing
What You Will Be Doing
- Contribute significantly to implementing and documenting technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team that will contain scrum masters, product owners, architects, other engineers (developers, test engineers and technical delivery engineers).
- Work within an agile delivery process to deliver high quality estimates and outcomes for complex projects.
- Support the architectural direction, solution specification, development, implementation and delivery of new and existing applications or services.
- Be responsible for the execution of the full suite of development tasks in a modern delivery pipeline, including validation activities (such as unit, component, system integration and regression testing) and infrastructure activities (such as IAC within automated pipelines).
- Creation of monitoring and logging solutions to allow for state-of-the-art monitoring of the enterprise applications within the production environment.
- Provide knowledge transfer; actively support and educate internal and external team members.
Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
What You Need To Succeed
- 6+ years’ experience in designing and developing web and/or services based applications. Full stack development experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
- Excellent knowledge in JEE/Spring, JAVA 8, Maven, Shell-Scripting.
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies as well as project tools, e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, GitLab, JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies (relational/non-relational).
- Experience with big data technology frameworks such as Apache Hadoop and Adobe Flink highly desirable.
- Knowledge of virtual infrastructure and associated services (e.g. public cloud) as well as containerization and orchestration technologies.
- Willingness to take ownership and the ability to demonstrate strong personal commitment. Must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not
- afraid to take on responsibility in the team (for highlighting, planning and implementing improvements in existing and new applications). Must be high on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. with business analysts and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives), coordination skills
- Highly organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
- Willingness to take ownership and the ability to demonstrate strong personal commitment. Must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team (for highlighting, planning and implementing improvements in existing and new applications).
- Must be high on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
- Can do, will do open-minded attitude. You will wear many hats; some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.