Our client, a leading, award-winning workforce mobility solutions company, is currently looking for a talented Senior PHP Developer.
The successful candidate will be working within a highly collaborative, cross-functional team on a plethora of advanced web projects for use with GIS mapping solutions.
This role will be fast-paced and diverse. You must have good time management skills as you will be working on a number of exciting projects for well-known clients; these must be delivered on time and be of a high quality.
This is a challenging but rewarding role. The successful Senior PHP Engineer will be designing and developing advanced features, as well as unit-testing code, improving application performance, collaborating with other teams to ship new features and continuously upskilling and implementing new technologies.
Strong communication skills are essential as this role will be client-facing at times. You also must have a strong desire to drive change and be comfortable and willing to be vocal with ideas.
- MySQL and Linux experience
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony beneficial
- Bonus points for experience with NoSQL databases
- RESTful architectures and HTTP protocol experience
- Testing experience advantageous
- Cordova or Phonegap experience advantageous
- GIS mapping and scheduling solutions experience hugely beneficial
- Software Engineering degree or similar essential
- AWS knowledge advantageous
- Keep learning about new technologies and trends in development
- Creative team player with the ability to work independently
This company are one of the best for prioritising employee satisfaction. They understand the importance of work-life balance and they know that developers who are in a positive environment where they are constantly learning and working with modern technologies will be happier and committed. This is reflective in their extremely low turnover of staff.