The primary responsibility of the full stack developer, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, will be the design and development of software applications based on defined requirements.
- Contribute significantly to implementing and documenting technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team that will contain scrum masters, product owners, architects, other engineers (developers, test engineers and technical delivery engineers).
- Work within an agile delivery process to deliver high quality estimates and outcomes for complex projects.
- Support the architectural direction, solution specification, development, implementation and delivery of new and existing applications or services.
- Continuously innovate in terms of process and technology.
- Creation of monitoring and logging solutions to allow for state-of-the-art monitoring of the enterprise applications within the production environment.
- Embrace emerging technologies and keep abreast of new frameworks, tools and programming languages.
- Be a proactive stakeholder in code quality, coding to standards, secure code (understanding of OWASP) and overall product quality.
- Be responsible for the execution of the full suite of development tasks in a modern delivery pipeline, including validation activities (such as unit, component, system integration and regression testing) and infrastructure activities (such as IAC within automated pipelines).
- Provide knowledge transfer; actively support and educate internal and external team members.
Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
Must have strong verbal, written and organizational skills and strong customer focus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing, developing and implementing software applications.
- Full stack development experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
- Excellent knowledge in JEE/Spring, JAVA 8, Maven, Shell-Scripting.
- Experience with micro-service architectures and linux based operating systems
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies as well as project tools, e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, GitLab, JIRA and Confluence.
- Willingness to take ownership and the ability to demonstrate strong personal commitment. Must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team (for highlighting, planning and implementing improvements in existing and new applications). Must be high on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies (relational/non-relational).
- Knowledge of virtual infrastructure and associated services (e.g. public cloud) as well as containerization and orchestration technologies (ideally docker, pcf, kubernetes).
- Knowledge of payments industry ideal (ISO8583, POS etc.)
- Highly organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. with business analysts and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives), coordination skills