We are currently looking at expanding our technology centre and are seeking people who want to work on core product for deployment on a global scale.
- Create better experiences for users
- Prioritize ease of use and functionality
- Build and deploy new services
- Ask questions of the biggest datasets
- Be passionate, impactful and Be first
Join a team on a mission
We are looking for a senior application developer to develop PLSQL and Java software on our core Merchant Acquiring platform.
The specialist will work as part of a team who will develop PLSQL and Java code on our core acquiring platform. This person will have deep database knowledge and will have good knowledge of both SQL and PLSQL. This resource will also have some basic Java knowledge. The role will include:
- Develop PLSQL code on our core Acquiring platform.
- Develop unit tests for all code developed.
- Be competent enough in Java to work on some of our Java components on the platform.
- Convert functional specifications into application solutions.
- Deliver technical specifications in line with design standards that accurately detail the technical solutions to be implemented and supported on their systems.
- Have knowledge of the Payments industry.
- Be familiar with Continuous Integration and have knowledge of Source Code Management tools such as GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins etc.
- Train and mentor members of the team & wider groups on the overall platform architecture and its various components
- Play a lead role in improving processes, procedures and automation of our software development process.
- Participate in determining standards and best practices around code development
- Working with business users and support teams to solve any issues with software
- Ability to prioritise and to take responsibility for one's own workload
- 3rd level certification (IT / Business focused)
- At least 6 years software development experience
- Excellent Database knowledge and excellent knowledge of SQL and PLSQL
- Basic knowledge of Java
- Basic Unix/Linux experience.
- Good knowledge of CI tools such as GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and technical writing skills
- Previous experience in credit card/payments/merchant acquiring industry preferable
- Knowledge of Python and AIX scripting a bonus.