Lead Backend Engineer – NodeJS or Python – New Product Build
An international client is establishing a new division which will build from scratch a new digital platform/product aimed at small to medium businesses within the automotive sector.
Traditionally this has been a pen & paper type sector where small businesses, due to their lack of technology are losing customers & suffering at the hands of the technology embracing big players.
The goal of this new platform/product will be to allow small & medium automotive businesses to digitise fully & use technology to compete on an even footing with big business.
You'll be an early hire to a new team who will focus on building a booking system which will allow the smaller players across the global to compete effectively.
- You'll take the position of Lead Software Engineer, where you'll working on planning, designing and building this new product from scratch.
- You'll influence & contribute to architectural decisions.
- Later, as the engineering teams expands, you'll play a key role in mentoring engineers.
- You'll work on new concepts, ideas, POC, and greenfield builds.
- You'll create these new scalable products in a multi-cloud serverless environment.
- You'll build very scalable systems using the AWS CDK.
The current stack includes NodeJS, Python, Lambda, DynamoDB with a serverless approach.
You'll should have experience similar to…
- Strong engineering experience at Lead or high Senior level
- Backend or Full Stack with a leaning to the backend
- Cloud architecture
- Technically creative, good ideas contributor, loves the challenging of creating new products
- Enjoying mentoring engineers in the team.
Excellent salary as above circa €100,000+, guaranteed 10% annual bonus, health insurance (with dental) , pension, 10% bonus.
The client is based in central Dublin, operate a hybrid work environment, with 4 days per week WFH, and 1 day per week in the office.
It's an international client, long established for multi-decades, & well cashed up (No VC's needed).
Interested in learning more? Send your CV today to Gerry Nolan at Stack And co, you can contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
** You must be based in Ireland currently and have an EU passport to apply for this job.