The primary responsibility of the application developer, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, will be the development of software applications based on defined requirements.
- Contribute significantly to implementing and documenting technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team that will contain scrum masters, product owners, architects, other engineers (developers, test engineers and technical delivery engineers).
- Work within an agile delivery process to deliver high quality estimates and outcomes for complex projects.
- Continuously innovate in terms of process and technology.
- Embrace emerging technologies and keep abreast of new frameworks, tools and programming languages.
- Must have strong verbal, written and organizational skills and strong customer focus.
- Be a proactive stakeholder in code quality, coding to standards, secure code (understanding of OWASP) and overall product quality.
- Be responsible for the execution of the full suite of development tasks in a modern delivery pipeline, including validation activities (such as unit, component, system integration and regression testing) and infrastructure activities (such as IAC within automated pipelines).
- Creation of monitoring and logging solutions to allow for state-of-the-art monitoring of the enterprise applications within the production environment.
- Provide knowledge transfer; actively support and educate internal and external team members.
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
- Support the developed solutions in production in a build it own it model.
Will perform additional job duties as required
Knowledge & Skills
- 3+ years’ experience in designing and developing web and/or services-based applications. Full stack development experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
- Excellent knowledge in JEE/Spring, JAVA 8, Maven, Shell-Scripting.
- Experience with micro-service architectures would be an advantage
- Experience of both windows and Linux or Unix based operating systems
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies as well as project tools, e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, Git/GitLab, JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies (relational/non-relational).
- Knowledge of virtual infrastructure and associated services (e.g. public cloud) as well as containerization and orchestration technologies (ideally docker, pcf, kubernetes).
- Knowledge of payments industry ideal (ISO8583, POS etc.)
- Willingness to take ownership and the ability to demonstrate strong personal commitment. Must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team (for highlighting, planning and implementing improvements in existing and new applications). Must be high on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. with business analysts and stakeholders as well as technical representatives), coordination skills
- Highly organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
- Can do, will do open-minded attitude. You will wear many hats; some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.